19 August 2010

I've been missing a while..........

And I do have a very good excuse, honest. Firstly, I went on holidays for a couple of weeks and we had an absolute ball. And I managed to come back weighing EXACTLY the same as the day I left. Given the alcohol I drank, god knows how that happened, but it did. So then I got back into the swing of things. Went back to boot camp, the gym, the lot. Then a few weeks after coming back from holidays, we found out that.......I'M PREGNANT!!! It isn't a holiday baby, which given the amount of alcohol I drank is probably a good thing. I'm currently nearly 10 weeks pregnant, and due on the 22nd of March. So needless to say, boot camp has sadly been given the heave ho since it's not safe to get my heart rate up to 170+ which I regularly did at boot camp. I have no doubt I'll go back next year to get rid of the inevitable baby weight I'll likely gain! I'm still exercising, but I'm having to learn not to be so gung ho and go flat out with everything I do which is really difficult for me. I'm thinking of starting swimming again, so that'll probably be a good way to calm me down!

Whilst it was planned, I'm still a bit freaked out about so many things. How it will change our lives, our relationship, whether I'll be a good mum, and I won't lie, I am also worried about undoing some of my hard work and gaining weight. So far I've pretty much stayed the same, and given what foods I've been able to stomach (carbs, carbs and more carbs), I'm pretty happy about that. I'm guessing morning (or in my case, all day and night) sickness can be good for something lol! I know I'm not going to overly stress about it, but I know I want to be careful with it, not just because I've worked hard to lose it, but because it's not good for me or the bub.

See, I told you I had a good reason to have been missing so long!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations Emma - what wonderful news! I hope you will still be writing here and sharing your journey.
Would love to see some holiday pic's too! Take care Kel xxx