27 May 2010

Feeling positive

I've been missing for a couple of weeks, been laid incredibly low with a chest infection and the flu. But I was back to boot camp this week, and had a loss of 500g at weigh in this week. Considering the weekend before last included a trip to the Hunter Valley for the Lovedale Long Lunch (read great food and wine and lots of it!), I'm pretty happy with that. Since I started boot camp, I've lost nearly 5kg. That is the most I've lost in a ridiculously long time. I finally feel as though I will get to goal, and have set myself the target of my 30th birthday on the 15th of January next year as my deadline. That's 33 weeks to lose just over 13kg. I would love to be at maintenance by then, but I'll settle for being at goal!

The only thing that could potentially throw a spanner in the works is the cruise I'm taking starting this Saturday. I know for a fact I'm not going to be an angel as far as food and alcohol go, and nor do I particularly want to be. But I am determined to do it in moderation. If I want something sweet, just have a tiny bit. Don't get ridiculously drunk too often either! They have boot camp at sea, so I'll be signing up for that and the gym is apparently state of the art and the same area as an olympic swimming pool, so I'll definitely be paying that a visit frequently. I'll also be snorkelling, swimming, doing all sorts of activities. I am bloody determined to not let the next 2 weeks undo all the hard work I've put in over the last 6 weeks. All those bumps, bruises, grass burns, wet bums from laying on the grass, they will not be in vain!!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'd love to do a boot camp, how does yours work? Is it will a lot of other people at a gym? How did you find it?

Great that you're better, there seems to be so many people getting sick lately!