Ok, so it's been way too long since I wrote on this blog. A lot of time has passed, and a lot of stuff has happened. So I guess I'll start at the beginning of all of it.
I got to within 9kg of being at goal, and then things went haywire. I plateaued BIG TIME. Nothing budged for months. After months of frustration, all of a sudden I wasn't being overly careful of what I ate. I was still exercising like a mad woman, even competing in a few fun runs, including the 9km Bridge Run. I wasn't bingeing, I wasn't being ridiculous with what I ate, but a couple of kilos managed to find their way back to me. I tried to reign them in, but again nothing budged. Then my hubby and I went to Europe for 6 weeks in December/January on a much waited for and anticipated trip. Europe was the coldest it's been in December for quite some time so needless to say salads weren't on the menu! I ate and ate and ate....French cheeses and pastries, German sausages and beer, British fish and chips, you name it we ate it. We did a river cruise for a week and they may as well have strapped a feed bag onto us, I even ate 3 desserts one day!!! We walked everywhere, sometimes 30,000 steps a day but it wasn't enough to keep a few more kilos at bay, and I was prepared for that.
So on my return to work, I started to get serious again. Back to the gym, back to eating well (which I was more than ready to do after eating stodgy food for 6 weeks!) and back to getting my attitude back in the right frame of mind. I had done all these things until a routine doctors visit nearly 2 weeks ago put me in a spin. I was sent for an ultrasound and discovered that I may have polycystic ovarian syndrome. The only good thing to come out of it is that I may have learned why it's been so hard for me to lose more weight over the last year, but it has really hit me for 6. But I haven't let it throw me off course. I am still at the gym, probably going harder at it than I have for quite some time. I'm still eating really well, and am actually following the WW menus which is something I've never done, and finding it really easy. I have to see a specialist in a couple of weeks to determine exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, but I certainly have an added incentive to stay on track now, knowing that I potentially could have this problem. Even if it isn't POCS, I still have cysts there meaning it may be harder for me to have kids, and knowing that weight is a factor in that gives me extra motivation.
So I'm back here, knowing that penning (or typing as the case may be) my thoughts is one of the best ways I keep myself on track and going in the right direction. I have just over 17kg to go to get to goal, and this time I'm bloody well determined to do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay - I loved reading your blog! I too have PCOS, but unfortunately I don't manage it at all! Would love to see some photo's of your trip - sounds fabulous! All the best.
Kel x
Post a Comment