10 February 2010

Bugger

Well after having a great first week back to WW where I lost 1.5kg, the following week wasn't so successful and I literally gained all of it back for no explicable reason. I tracked every day, I exercised, I have no idea what happened. But today I lost 0.7kg, that's at least something.

I think I have really had a change in attitude over the last 2 days. I've realised that for me, my WW journey was never really a psychological one. The reason I gained weight wasn't that I comfort ate, or anything like that. I simply like really good food and wine. So from now on the rest of my journey will be purely a physical one. No more whinging that I don't want to go to the gym. No more telling myself that I deserve a piece (or block!) of chocolate because I've been soooo good. No more giving up on the treadmill, or spin bike, or pump class, because it hurts, or because I'm tired. Every time I feel that, or think that, I'm going to yell at myself to just bloody well keep going! I'm going to tell myself that I'm still overweight, I still have a long way to go, and just to get on with it!!! I'm angry but in a good way if that makes sense. It's an anger I can use to my benefit every time I feel defeated in some way. The next series of WW at work runs for 20 weeks, and I have just over 17kg to go. I would love to think I could get rid of that before the end of this series, but even if I can't, as long as I did literally everything I could do, I'll be satisfied.

So back to the gym tonight (for the 3rd time this week - not bad considering it's Wednesday!) for another spin class. If it gets tough, I'll keep going. If my legs hurt, I'll keep going. I am sick and tired of being in limbo land with my weight, and I refuse to do it any longer! God, I sound like I'm about to break out into 'I am woman, hear me roar'!! But if that's what it takes, no matter how stupid I look, maybe I'll just do it!!!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds like just the attitude you need to get to goal!

My mantra is 'It is not optional' which works most of the time!

Bella said...

I can so relate to the "I've been good so I can have *whatever it is I shouldn't be having*"

I think 17 kg in 20 weeks is very doable :)

Bella