15 January 2009

It's my party and I'll eat if I want to!!

Yes, another birthday is upon me. And I will eat but I'm going to try and not eat like an absolute horse but I'm also not going to be a food nazi either. So far so good. Went out to lunch with work friends and had steak and chips, but barely ate any of the chips. I did have a beer, but it's to be expected!

Tonight is dinner with the family at the gorgeous chinese restaurant we go to occasionally. I generally get steamed prawn dumplings for an entree cause they're so damn beautiful, so no dramas there. Mains are usually stir fries and hubby usually gets roast duck, so I might have a bit of that. Always with steamed rice though, I hate fried rice. I'm sure a few glasses of wine will be drunk, but everything in moderation!

Tomorrow night hubby is taking me somewhere - no idea where yet! I have tomorrow off so I'm going to get my hair coloured/cut to make myself all bewdiful. Saturday is lunch with friends at The Rocks then off to the NSW v Victoria 20/20 match. I'm sure a LOT of beers will be drunk, but I'm going to the gym tomorrow and Saturday morning so here's hoping I can counter balance! I figure at the moment, something like not being so strict might even help my body to keep moving. It's happened before, so here's hoping it can and will happen again.

As for pressies, well I have definitely been spoilt. My mum gave me a bottle of champagne and $500!!! I nearly died! Hubby gave me chanel perfume and apparently there's more to come, and I got the most gorgeous bunch of flowers from my best mate who I also happen to work with. Haven't even seen most of my family yet, so I've definitely been well looked after this birthday.

Well, I'm off to continue doing what I was doing before this...not much! Even though I'm in air conditioning, it's still hot inside (it's a tick over 40 degrees outside my work and we're on the water!) so not much is getting done by anyone at all today. Oh well, as I said it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!!

2 comments:

A Healthier Happier Me said...

Hi Emma,

I have been reading your blog for a little while and just wanted to introduce myself... HI!!

Also ,I wanted to say that you look fantastic, the photo of you on New Year's eve was really nice. Congratulations on doing so well!

Happy Birthday ,i hope you have a fabulous day. Birthdays are for having yummy food.... : )

-Jac

Kelly said...

Another new(ish) reader here too. Happy Birthday Emma! Enjoy every minute of it!
You look fantastic and are very inspiring!
Kel xx