27 January 2009

Back to reality

Well, the festive season is well and truly over. Another christmas, new year and birthday have come and gone and it's now time for me to get seriously stuck in to getting rid of these last 10kgs.

My birthday was a bit of a disaster in terms of my diet. I ate fried ice cream, on the Saturday out with my friends I had chicken schnitzel and chips, I had 3 krispy kreme donuts, I had macca's (which I've never even liked!), I had a couple of cocktails and god knows how many beers....so for the last week I've been doing the Fast Start program and have given my exercise routine a real shake up.

I tried a class last week at my gym that's only just started - Body Step. It was definitely hard core and a serious cardio workout. The steps were pretty basic so for someone as unco as me, it was good! My heart rate was on average about 155, so I certainly got a good workout. I swam 2km on Sunday which is something I haven't been able to do for a while because of my shoulder problem, and yesterday I walked around the city all day taking in the Australia Day festivities earning 13 bonus points! Surely this combined with my stricter diet this week will result in something good tomorrow at weigh in? I missed last week's weigh in so I don't really know what the damage was from my birthday celebrations (although the scales at home weren't showing much of a change), so whatever happens tomorrow I'll just have to accept and move on. I think the more intense cardio I can do, the better, and doing something different just has to help, right?!

This Saturday will be a bit of test - I have one of my best friends 40th's to go to. It's a fairy themed party so I've just been out and bought my wings and accessories. Traditionally, when we get together it's a pretty messy affair, but I think as long as I take care with my food intake and exercise the rest of the week, I will have a bit to drink and won't feel guilty. I'm so looking forward to it - it's on a boat cruising out from Manly so should be great and I hardly ever get to see my friend anymore as she moved to QLD a couple of years ago - I miss her sooooo much! :( I'll be sure to post some interesting photos up!

1 comment:

Tegan said...

Hi Emma You have such cool dress up parties! I want to come hahahaha
Good luck with weigh in and your friends party