03 December 2008

Uh oh....

I think I have reached the dreaded....PLATEAU!

I lost 100g today which is exactly the same as I lost last week. I know I lost a heap a few weeks back, but my body generally only has a small loss for 1 week after a big loss, now this has happened for 2 weeks. And I'm not even sure I really lost weight this week, I just wore long tailored shorts to work instead of trousers which probably accounts for the 100g!

I'm not really sure how I'm going to cope with a plateau if that truly is what it is. Given that it's nearly christmas time and I also have my dad's, my niece's and my birthday all within a couple of weeks of christmas, I was going to be happy to lose just a kilo in between now and the new year. If I have hit a plateau, that makes that extremely unlikely I would think.

I feel like I'm working so hard at the moment and it just feels as though it could be taken away from me in one swoop. I know that's a stupid thing to think, as I'm not going to suddenly gain nearly 35kg back, but it's hard for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment I guess. I'm so close to goal with just over 10kg left to go, and I am really starting to feel like those 10kgs are going to be sooooo hard to get rid of. I know they say the last few are the hardest, and I was prepared for that, but I don't think I'm prepared for losing virtually nothing for weeks on end, barely inching towards my goal weight.

Aaargh, I realise how ridiculous I'm being. I just need to remind myself how well I've done so far and perhaps accept that it's going to be rough for me for the next however long. But I also need to not get complacent and think that I've already lost so much, that I can simply relax for a while. If I have hit a plateau, now is the time for me to seriously shake things up and get my arse seriously into gear. I know it will be hard given how strapped for time I will be over the next few weeks, but if I truly want this (and I do), then it's just something that has to be done.
Here's hoping I can double my weight loss next week (surely 200g wouldn't be too much to ask?!) and reach that elusive 35kg!

Oh, and just on a final note, here are a couple of pics from the weekend. Hubby and I went up to the Hunter Valley for the day to look at the Christmas Lights Spectacular at the Gardens up there. It was sooooo beautiful. I've even got a full length shot shock horror! It isn't the best as I was not only a bit sunburnt, but my hair looked like a drowned rat as there was some pretty severe storms off and on during the day. Don't know why I bothered to straighten my hair in the first place!















1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You look gorgeous!! And Christmas can be great for a plateau, google "the Wendy plan"...