10 December 2008

At last....

I have now lost 35kg! Well, 36.1kg to be precise. After basically being at a standstill over the last couple of weeks, I managed a loss of 1.3kg this week, even after having our department christmas party and my dad's birthday thrown in there. I certainly was far from angelic with food (and more specifically, alcohol) this week, but perhaps my body just needed a bit of a jolt, some sort of a shock to the system.

I now have 10kg to go. Just 10kg. I seriously can't believe it. I never would have thought in a million years that I would lose over 35kg from the time I started (mid February) to now. Never ever would have thought it was possible. Well, possible, just not possible for me I guess!

I decided yesterday I would lay buy myself some christmas presents so did a bit of clothes shopping yesterday on my day off. Everything is either a size 12 or 14. Me, a size 12?! I kept taking size 16's and 18's into the dressing room and was surprised when they were too big, I still can't quite get my head around being the size I am because to me a size 12 is someone tiny, and I'm definitely not tiny. I'm 5ft 10 with a big build, so I wouldn't have thought a size 12 was at all possible so it's going to take some serious getting used to I would think. I bought 2 cute singlet tops, a really nice white cotton top, a gorgeous summer dress and skirt and a pair of linen shorts. I can't wait until I get to REALLY buy an entire new wardrobe! I'm sure my credit card can wait, but it'll get over it!

1 comment:

J said...

Oh, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the time when I accidentally take a size 16 into the change room, and need a 12!!! One day!!

xx Jess