17 September 2008

Got the shits!

Sorry about the title of this post, it is a little blunt isn't it?!

Basically, I have the shits because it seems that despite all my efforts over the last couple of weeks, I am literally crawling along at snail's pace. I lost a mere 100g this week. I hate to even say the word plateau, I don't want to think that I've hit one. It seems too soon to be reaching a plateau, even though I've been at this weight loss caper for 7 months now so I guess it could well be the dreaded plateau.

My results on the scales seem to be so at odds with everything else regarding my weight loss. I know I shouldn't put too much emphasis on the number on the scale but when I'm so close to a pretty big milestone (30kg down), it's hard not to. So excuse my moment of self pity, but I think I'm entitled to one every now and then!!

Looking on the bright side, I went shopping yesterday. I bought a few things that I desperately needed such as shorts for summer (in a size 14 I might add and we're talking about tailored shorts here with a zipper and button, not elastic waist shorts!!) and a couple of shirts for work. But most exciting of all, I bought a really cute cotton dress. It's black with really nice white embroidery on the front of the skirt. It cost $30. That isn't the most exciting thing though.....it is a SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!! I can't remember the last time I was a size 12! I don't care if it's a slightly big make or anything else, the number on the dress is a 12!!! I am not really a dress or skirt wearer, so it's a big deal in itself that I bought a dress, but I seriously can't get over the size!!

So now just to get the scales cooperating and everything will be fine and dandy!!!

2 comments:

Kathiej said...

Try not to let it get you down.

A lot of times the plateau's happen when your body hits a set point.
Ie when you get to a number you haven't been at for a while but when last at the number you were that weight for a while.
This takes a little bit to get over.

Try mixing your food up
Have a hot breakkie one day and cold the next
Try having your main meal at lunch time and your light meal at night

Try adding some interval training
and keep at the water

Let me know how you go

Thinking of you

Tegan said...

A size 12 WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! I bought a pair of size 20 jeans the other day and I woohoooed to that but a size 12 well you need to woohooo of a tall building hahahah.
As for your plateau id take Kathies advice mix it up. Good luck this week and just keep that size 12 in your head.