08 September 2008

Back in the swing of things

I am FINALLY feeling better after 2 weeks of the nastiest flu/infection I think I've ever had. I'm still not 100%, but compared to how I was, I feel great!

With that in mind, I took myself back to the gym on Friday morning. I took it relatively easy, 10 minutes on the treadmill and then 40 on the bike, both at a reasonable pace. Went to the gym Saturday and stepped things up a bit as I was feeling a bit better again, and then yesterday I completed my second Pump class! The second class was definitely easier - not so much during the class, but the after effects of it! The day after my first class I was in agony, and the day after that was even worse, but I feel completely fine today. My muscles definitely know they did some work yesterday, but I can at least walk without pain!!!

Have done some shopping over the last few days. Bought some new pants for work in a size 16 from Target, I can't remember the last time that size would have fit. And then yesterday I went to Rebel to laybuy a whole heap of stuff for my week away in November. I ended up with 5 t shirts, 4 pairs of 3/4 gym pants and a light jacket, all in really nice co-ordinating colours. Most of the stuff is a size 14!! I seriously could have cried! I don't know that in my adult life I've ever been able to wear anything at all in a ladies size from Adidas, Nike, Reebok etc but here I was in size 14's!!! Some of the tops I bought are quite fitted, I figured I've worked hard and will continue to work hard, so why am I hiding my new body underneath t shirts that not only aren't fitted, but are also now way too big?!

So I'm well and truly back into the swing of things after being sick, and yesterday was a serious motivator for me. Although my credit card is probably going to suffer some serious damage, I can't wait to do even more shopping!!!

1 comment:

Tegan said...

How exciting for you size 14s Im still dreaming of that but have no doubt Ill get there. Cant wait to see the full length photos!!