Unfortunately as expected, my aunt didn't recover and passed away on Monday night. My mum is coping a lot better today than she has been throughout the week. The funeral is on Saturday which is my my uncle's birthday (my mum's brother), so it'll be tough to bury your sister on your birthday. I think everyone has come to terms with it now, sure it will take a long time to 'get over it' if you ever truly do, but I think everyone is looking forward to the funeral being over so they can try and move on.
Not a lot else is happening at the moment, which is good. I don't think I could cope with a lot more at the moment.
I've decided to put this stupid picture up - my hubby took it of me without me realising he was about to take it, but I thought I'd put it up here as I think it shows how much slimmer my face is these days. Who knew I had a semblance of a jaw line?!?! Never mind the fact I'm in my pj's and my hair is a mess, I think this photo was the first time I really believed I wasn't looking too bad anymore.

I'll try and get some full length photos in the coming weeks - even just for my own benefit, I think it's hard to see how far we've come just looking in the mirror and as much as I've grown to hate photos of myself over the last few years, I think it's time I made the camera my friend again!

No comments:
Post a Comment