30 September 2008

Another size 12!!!

Ok, so I thought the size 12 dress may have been a fluke. A fluke I was willing to run with of course, but turns out it might not have been such a fluke after all!

I went shopping on the weekend looking for something to wear to one of my best mate's 30th birthday party in a few weeks time. I had intended on going with a dress for something different, but was also keen to look for some new tops. I couldn't find a dress anywhere that I liked so thought I'd just go to target to look for some cute summer tops seeing as I literally have none at the moment. I saw this really nice silk halter neck and thought what the hell, I'll try it on. I grabbed the 16 thinking it would never fit, but I'd give it a go. Well it was too big, so grabbed the 14. Perfect. Pretty damn stoked about that. And it looked nice. I never would have thought a halter neck would suit me as I have very broad shoulders from years of competitive swimming, but it looked pretty damn good if I do say so myself!!

Then saw another cute cotton top and thought I'd give it a try. Feeling all brave and confident having just fit into a size 14, I grabbed it in the same size. Way too big! Ended up walking out of the shop with a size 12 and a size 14 top. I couldn't believe it! I saw a woman that had gone into the changerooms at the same time as me with the same style top in a different colour that I'd got in a size 14, and she also had a size 14. I kept looking at her thinking there was no way we could be the same size, she just looked so much smaller than me. Well, apparently not because she was lined up behind me buying the top in a size 14. I kept whispering to my husband, there's no way we're the same size, and he kept telling me to take my fat glasses off!

So apparently it is true. I am now a size 12 - 14!!! It has probably been 8 or 9 years since I was that size, so no time really in my adult life which is a bit sad. Well I'm determined to make up for it now! I still have just over 15kg to go, so I guess I might be a size 10 - 12 by the time I'm done losing weight. I really didn't think it would be possible for me to ever be a size 10, I thought I was just too solidly built, and I probably still won't truly believe it until I see it. But in the meantime I'm sure I'll enjoy the size 12's and 14's I'll be buying!

1 comment:

Kathiej said...

Congrats Em
What a wonderful feeling
I think it might be time for a full lenght photo...Maybe showing off the tops :-p