Tonight marks a serious change in attitude for me. Tonight I'm doing.....drum roll please....
A PUMP CLASS!!!!
Am I crazy? Highly possible and in fact, highly likely! Am I ridiculously shit scared! You bet! You see, I've never been what you could call....co-ordinated. I have broken few bones in my time, but the ones I have broken have generally been as a result of some stupid, clumsy accident, like the time I broke a toe by dropping a glass bottle on it, the time I broke my foot by walking into the door frame or the time I chipped my tailbone falling down the stairs of the Sydney International Aquatic Centre the week it opened...in front of hundreds of people! Pretty much all of my injuries over the course of my life have been along those lines. When I was growing up, I was a competitive swimmer - it was pretty much the only sport I couldn't really injure myself in (but even then I did because someone moved the overhead flags during a backstroke race so the amount of strokes I'd counted from the flags to the wall changed and I bruised my wrist up pretty bad hitting the wall!!!)! So I've always been completely freaked out at the prospect of doing a fitness class, least of all with other people who will be able to bear witness to my profoud level of unco-ordination.
So over the last few weeks I've done some soul searching. Do I want to be a new, improved version of myself? You bet. Do I want to let things stand in my way of achieving my goals? Hell no. I want to be the sort of person who at least gives things a go and doesn't let a little bit of fear or unco-ordination hold her back. So tonight hubby and I are going to our first pump class. As I said, I'm completely shitting myself about it, but I know I'll be fine. The other thing that has me worried is that even though around people I know I am a complete loudmouth and far from shy, when I'm around people I don't know I barely talk so that part of it is scaring me a little which is why I roped hubby in to do it with me mwahahahaha!!!
So fingers crossed I live to tell the tale. I know you're probably thinking I'm being a bit dramatic, but it really is a big deal for me, so whilst I'm scared, I'm really proud of myself for making this change. I'm sure my muscles will be screaming out in pain tomorrow, but in a weird masochistic way, I'm looking forward to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey you are going great girl..can't believe you're not onto classes yet! I loved pump classes when I was at the gym, instant muscle definition after 1-2 weeks. Awesome workout and yes it's tough but feels great after. Do you mind sharing what exercises you have been doing up til now..intensity, frequency etc? I am looking for some exercise regime inspiration...will prob be joining back at the gym very shortly too. Jess xo
Post a Comment