20 August 2008

A loss (somehow)

This week I had a bit of a fall from grace. Nothing too bad, but I certainly ate foods this week that haven't been part of my diet for 6 months. Thankfully I didn't eat too much of them either, and still somehow managed to record a loss so I am incredibly happy with that.

We had a few social events this week kicking off with my pop's birthday dinner. We had chinese and what started with good intentions, didn't end quite so well! I ordered my usual steamed prawn dumplings - no problems. I ordered stir fried calamari and vegetables with boiled rice - no problems. However, I didn't need to dive in to my husband's roast duck (complete with crispy skin because what is roast duck if you can't have the skin?!?!). I also didn't need to eat the big chocolate truffle after dinner either. I didn't need to eat the 2 chocolate truffles I had on Saturday from the same place. I also didn't need to eat the 2 giant biscuits I got from the Five Dock street fair on Sunday either.....

Obviously I managed to make up for it all in exercise. I don't feel guilty about eating what I did, but I know that I can't make a habit of it so this week I am completely refocussed and know I won't have another week like that in a long time. I wouldn't say I 'needed' to have a week like that, but I don't think it hurts sometimes either, especially if you come out the other side knowing that it was a one off and that you have to get back on the wagon, which is what I've done.

So I'll take my 300g loss thank you very much and will get cracking on a great loss next week!

No comments: