27 August 2008

I'm still alive!

Yes, I survived my first ever pump class last night. But man are my inner thighs sore today!! I thought we were going to do lunges forever! Other than that, I feel pretty good, but apparently the worst is to come tomorrow. I didn't feel stupid, someone doing the class came and helped me out straight away with what weight I should use etc. and the instructor was really nice. So I'll definitely be going back! Getting to that first class has always been the major hurdle for me, I was just too shy, too nervous etc. but now that I've got it out of the way, I'm not afraid anymore!

Thanks to the lovely Jetsetter Jess for the comment she left me! As for what my exercise routine is generally like, I try and keep it relatively high intensity. I go to the gym generally 5 days a week, Fridays and Sundays are generally the days I don't. Through the week I'll do 45 minutes cardio, a 5 minute warm up and then the rest at a pretty high intensity, generally aim to get my heart rate up to about 150 with running or using the arc trainer at a high level. Saturdays I do an hour of cardio and also some weights. I also do weights on Wednesday nights as well. Sundays are generally filled with some sort of activity, but not at the gym. Hubby and I will hire bikes, or we'll go for a walk somewhere. It's not high intensity, but I'll do it for a few hours so it definitely is worthwhile. I guess it seems like a lot, but it's not a chore for me anymore. I am genuinely enjoying being so active and get pretty cranky when I can't get to the gym as often as I like to! Hard to believe I'm the same person really! After last night I'm sure I'll be incorporating a pump class or 2 each week replacing one weight and cardio session I guess. Hope that helps you get motivated Jess!

Today I have weigh in - after the way I've been this week with food and exercise, I think I'll bloody well scream if I don't have a decent loss! I don't feel like I have so I'm a bit worried about that. Time will tell I suppose.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow you're doing so well! That pump class sounds like a killer - but the good kind! You've really inspired me to push on with the exercise, I can't wait til I'm fit enough to do that sort of thing! I hope you have a great loss this week, you certainly deserve it! Good luck :)