21 July 2008

I love my hubby!

That would obviously go without saying, otherwise he wouldn't be my hubby, but my gorgeous hubby reminded me yesterday just how lucky I really am to have someone like him in my life.

I have liked the idea of going to a health retreat for a week long break for quite some time now. However, I would never have booked myself in as I just think it's too much money to spend on myself. I'm one of those types of people - I woudn't bat an eyelid at spending $1400 on my hubby's guitar that he got a couple of months ago, but to spend even a couple of hundred on myself wouldn't be something I would ever do. Yesterday, I was reading a magazine that had a story about a health retreat in it. In passing I mentioned to my hubby that I would love to go to one of those one day. He tried to convince me that I should go, it would be good etc etc. but I wasn't having any of it. The thought of spending $2100 for 6 days on myself just freaks me out! Well, unbeknowns to myself yesterday afternoon while I was out, hubby went ahead and booked me in for October!

I am a little scared about what is involved, but I know that if I fully embrace the program, I will come back a different person. Well, maybe not different, but definitely better! Basically, if you do the program package, everything you need is included. You can do it as an individual guest, but I think I'll get way more benefit from it if I do the program. All your meals, snacks and beverages are included, all your activities from deep water running to yoga, tai chi to mountain hiking...everything you could possibly think of, is included. You get to go to seminars on a wide array of topics, and you also get 2 massages, a facial and a session with a naturopath or dietician included. On arrival you get an evaluation done on your health and fitness, and you can do it again at the end of your stay to see what changes have been made. There are also a wide range of other things that you can pay for such as acupuncture sessions, different types of massages, body treatments, pedicures...you name it, they have it!!!

It's not cheap, but I think I will really benefit from this. You can't drink any alcohol (which will be difficult for me while staying in the Hunter Valley, it just seems wrong!!!), any caffeinated drinks, no sugar, you can only use your mobile in your room...there are a few rules, but I think the benefits will far outweigh anything that I might have to complain about and I really can't wait. I truly am one lucky lady when it comes to my relationship. I got myself a good one, that's for sure! Now I just wish October would hurry up!!!

2 comments:

mimbles said...

Lucky you!

I went to a place in Bundanoon for a weekend with my mum once, it was very nice and I did fantasise about doing a week long retreat but Oh the cost!

Ros said...

Hi Emma,

I found your blog from the WW boards. You are doing so incredibly well! And what a great hubby you have, the health retreat is going to be fantastic! Keep up the great work.

Ros (roscat)