02 July 2008

Feeling mighty fine

Well....I did it. I have now lost 20kgs. 20.2kgs to be precise! I had a 0.5kg loss this week, which, whilst small in comparison to some of my losses, I am more than happy with because it brought up that milestone for me. Never in my life have I lost 20kgs. I've gained it before, and then some, but never got rid of it lol!

I am now nearly halfway through my weight loss journey. It's still a bit scary to think that I have about 25kg still to lose, but I figure I've nearly done that now, so I can do it again. I may even have to reassess my goal weight sooner than planned, because I'm just not sure my body will get down to where it needs to be, going by the ol' BMI that is. I'm very tall and when I'm slim have a very athletic figure and build muscle very easily, so I might even be halfway now. I guess I'll just have to wait and see when the time comes.

It's taken me 20 weeks to lose those 20.2kg, so to say I'm ecstatic about my progress would be an understatement. I doubt I'll be able to continue losing like that, but if I was able to, I would be at my goal weight on Christmas eve. Now wouldn't that be a great christmas present?! I'm hoping I can have some smaller weeks and then in between have weeks where I lose nearly 2kg as has been the case so far to bump up the averages! If I don't make it by christmas, I'll make it by my birthday which is 3 weeks after christmas. I vowed to myself at the start of this that I would not be spending another birthday even as little as a kilo overweight, and I'm not about to change my mind on that now.

More and more people who don't know I'm on WW are commenting on how much weight I've lost, which in the past would have embarassed me as in the past I perhaps felt as though I didn't want people to see that in case I failed again and put it all back on. This time, I'm happy to tell people how much I've lost, I'm happy to tell them how I'm doing it, and I think that's because I KNOW this is the last time I will ever be trying to lose weight. I will not gain any of this back. Never. I owe it to myself and I'll be damned if I'm going to not give myself what I know now I deserve.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Congratulations on losing 20kg or 20.2kg hehe..

When you think about it, it really is amazing. It's like losing one of those big bags of dog food..lol I lost 20kg thru going to the dietitian and i can barely carry a 20kg bag of dog food now.

I have been on WW myself now for a few months and have lost around 10kg. It's great because it's so easy to follow!

Good luck with the next 20kg, you will get there and i hope for you it's by xmas eve!

Cheers
Rissa xx

Paula Beavan said...

Well done, what a fantastic achievement. I'm sure you will power through the next 20kg and get to your goal by your birthday. Go Girl