19 June 2008

Yuck

I found this photo of myself this morning. I was trying to look for some photos so I could truly prove to myself once and for all that I have in fact lost a lot of weight (cause apparently the scales aren't enough for me!). And boy did I find one.

This was taken at my husband's 30th birthday last year. Why I even kept the photo I don't know as it's absolutely hideous, but maybe I knew it would come in handy down the track. I can't believe that's me. I'm still a ways off goal, but the difference is unbelievable. I can't believe I thought I looked really nice that night. I may have from the front, but you can't hide that much fat from the side! The rolls of fat, the double (perhaps even quadruple!) chin....and the thing I notice the most is just how pale my skin is. Granted my husband's birthday is in June, but it's June now and my skin is so much healthier looking and actually has colour to it.

I'll try and take a photo from the same angle in the next few days to compare, but I don't even really need to, I can see it as soon as I look at the photo above. The photo in my profile was taken in October last year at a friend's wedding after I'd dropped quite a few kgs and I can see the difference in those, but I'm currently about 10kgs lighter again than that photo, so I can finally see that the difference is actually quite dramatic and people aren't lying to me when they tell me that I look like I've lost a lot of weight!

If I needed to motivation to keep going on this journey, I sure as shit found it lol!!!



1 comment:

jetsetterjess said...

Wow you are doing so well - I am jealous!!! Keep it up girl and lets see a current pic!!