18 June 2008

I'm back - and with a vengeance!

Well it appears as though I've been a bit slack with this blog lately, doesn't it! I've been that busy at work and just haven't had the time, but I'm back and I'm back with a vengeance!

The last couple of weeks have been a bit up and down for me. The week after my last post I lost 100g. I did nothing wrong, my body just decided it had obviously had enough of losing weight right then! The week after that I gained 300g. Not completely unexpected as I had drunk a few wines the weekend before for my hubby's birthday, but I wouldn't have thought enough to cause a gain at all. I was also feeling really bloated for some reason, so I'm guessing that contributed.

Well this week I knew I'd lost something. My rings were looser again after being bloated the week before and I just felt like my tummy looked different. Was I right? You bet I was. I lost 2.4kgs this week!!! I couldn't believe it. I haven't exercised as much as I usually do this week as I've been a bit sick, so maybe my body just needed a change in routine to shake it up, even if it was to do less exercise. The human body works in mysterious ways I've discovered since starting WW! Not that I'm complaining about the loss at all, but if I'd just managed to get an extra 200g, I would have hit the 20k lost mark and earned my night out with hubby! Oh well, next week it will be then, that I am sure of.

This week will be a bit of a challenge for me. I have a work social function on Friday night which is a trivia night at a pub, then on Saturday hubby and I are going to the Good Food show which is normally a day of test tasting everything from wine to chocolates to god knows what! I think seeing as it's usually only tiny samples and I'll get a gym visit in beforehand, I'll be ok. Here's hoping, cause I'm really looking forward to my night out!

No comments: