Ok, so it's Monday and back in my 'old life', Monday would have been spent telling myself to get back on the healthy eating wagon and get back on track with the 'diet', trying to make up for the ills of the weekend. So what the hell is going on with me these days?! I haven't had a Monday like that for weeks, 8 in fact. And today has been no different and I have to say that I love it! I no longer feel guilty for the things I've eaten or drunk. Sure, I might fret a little about whether I've done enough to lose weight that week, but I can't recall feeling guilty about one thing at all that I've eaten. I think I've fallen in love with weight watchers!!! I can't tell you what a release that is for me. Sure, I've eaten some treats. But I've allowed for each and every single one of them. I've either made sure I could make the points work, or just done extra exercise to compensate for it, and clearly it's working and I couldn't be happier. Dare I say it, is WW just simply becoming second nature to me, a habit that I've formed, the way I'm going to live my life forever? It sure seems it.
Friday night hubby and I went to a seafood restaurant in Darling Harbour. We bought a bottle of wine to share, so 3 1/2 - 4 points - I can deal with that! For entree we shared the most delicious sushi and sashimi plate - 4 points maximum I worked out. For main, I had grilled moreton bay bugs (probably my favourite seafood along with prawns!) with steamed vegetables. Again, around 4 points maximum. We had a look at the dessert menu hoping there might be some kind of fruit dessert, but as there wasn't we decided not to have anything. And I am astounded to be saying this, but I didn't feel as though I'd deprived myself! I was comfortably full, but the more overwhelming feeling was the feeling of pride that I had. I was proud that I'd chosen the healthy options, to be honest even if I wasn't on WW I probably still would have ordered what I did (though I might have had chips instead of veg...) and that feeling was fantastic. I didn't feel like I'd missed out on anything extra delicious that I couldn't have because I was trying to lose weight. I didn't even feel upset that I wasn't able to have the chocolate and peppermint crunch dessert and for me that is a serious achievement!
Saturday was pretty boring - went to the gym in the morning and worked out harder than I ever have. I've been wearing my pedometer lately and every day I'm getting to at least 13,000 steps (including my gym workouts) so it's no wonder I'm losing weight! After that I went with hubby to Annandale to look for a new guitar for him. Also saw Craig McLachlan in an antiques shop up the road - hubby was just glad he wasn't in the guitar shop, he would have lost all faith in music I think!! Dinner was a delicious lamb rack with roast tomatoes, potatoes and olives. Mmm mmm!! All points friendly too! Sunday went to the gym again (mum thinks I'm becoming a gym junkie...not bloody likely!!) and actually RAN! Sure, it wasn't for long, but it was longer than I have before. And much faster than ever before, so I left the gym feeling pretty proud of myself! All in all I had a really nice weekend, nicer than I've had in a while which is a pleasant change. There was nothing too exciting, but it was just nice to spend some time with hubby and just chill out for a bit, exercise and take care of ourselves. He always tells me I worry too much about everyone else, and don't take care of myself enough (that's when I tell him that's his job!), but this weekend I really felt like a did, and I can say without any guilt, I enjoyed it.
Fingers crossed for weigh in Wednesday - I'm thinking it won't be too much of a loss if anything considering my huge losses over the last couple of weeks, but as long as the scales either stay the same or go down, I can live with that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment