Well, what a weekend! It was very busy and I hardly feel like I've had a break at all, but I have my RDO tomorrow so hopefully will get to catch up on sleep and exercise tomorrow.
Friday we went to the footy with my in laws. Mum in law is a roosters fan, dad in law is a dragons fan so dad in law was definitely smiling by about 5pm Friday afternoon! We met up at the pub beforehand and I had one beer and whilst everyone around me was eating burgers and chips, I had a thai beef salad! And I actually really enjoyed it. Not only did it taste nice, but I enjoyed the fact that I'd made a wise decision and was proud of myself for doing that. We went out to dinner after the game and went to a Korean BBQ place so again, pretty healthy.
Saturday kicked off with a mammoth gym session including my longest continuous run yet followed by some interval running. I wouldn't have thought your stomach muscles got that much of a workout running, but man were they sore yesterday! We then went over to see friends that night. I did indulge in a bottle of wine, but generally when I'm with these friends, we drink till the cows come home, so only having one bottle was a positive for me!! Before dinner there were chips, dips, crackers and cheese, but I made sure I brought some olives with me and just nibbled on a few of those. That was a big achievement for me because I LOVE cheese and dip!! Dinner was fresh seafood, prawns, oysters, some garlic prawns cooked on the bbq...I was really pleased to see that actually because I knew I could have as much as I needed to be full and the points wouldn't be too high. Once the singstar and guitar hero games got into full swing, there were more chips and nuts, but I again steered well clear. Considering we got to bed at about 5am, for me to not have more to drink or anything else to eat is a massive deal and I am really proud of myself for doing that. And for not feeling like I was missing out on anything as well.
We did have chinese for dinner last night (I was too tired to cook anything!), but we had boiled rice, teriyaki chicken and short soup so I again chose wisely and stopped when I could feel myself getting a little bit full.
One of the friends we went and saw on Saturday asked my hubby when I was in the bathroom if I'd lost weight cause I looked like I'd lost a fair bit (she wasn't sure if she should say something to me or not). It was really nice as it's all well and good hearing it from people who know for a fact that you have lost weight and know that you're doing WW, but she had no idea and we haven't seen them for a few months. For some reason it's not enough just knowing you've lost weight and you look different, I have to hear it from other people so that certainly put a smile on my face and has given me that little bit of extra motivation to keep this ball rolling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment