30 April 2008

Different scales, same result

Well I weighed in at a different meeting today as my leader was sick and our meeting had to be cancelled. There was no way I wasn't weighing in today as I get myself so worked up on weigh in days so buggered if that was going to be for no reason! I found a meeting nearby work and headed off there during my lunch break. I was assured that the scales are calibrated often so I was confident that whatever showed up on the different set of scales would be pretty accurate. We don't wear shoes in our meeting so when I got to the meeting at Ryde today I weighed in with my shoes on, then weighed my shoes! I must have looked a bit of a loon, but I wanted a real result dammit!!

And what a result it was! 1.7kgs down this week. I couldn't believe it. I have been so busy this week that I've only had time to go to the gym 3 times (granted for longer sessions than usual, and I've started running so I was getting the most out of those sessions) and as I had drunk a bottle of wine on Saturday when I haven't really been drinking that much, I wasn't sure how my body would respond to that. But respond it did, and thankfully in a positive way. I have now reached and surpassed my 10% loss. Experts say that losing just 10% of your body weight will have you feeling healthier and just generally better and I can honestly say this is the best I have felt in years. Even my resting heart rate has dropped so that can only be a good thing. I am fitter, I look better, I've never had bad skin, but if I do say so myself, my skin is actually glowing. I've always thought that was such a stupid statement, but it is actually true. Quite a few people have actually suspected me of being pregnant (not because of my belly either!!) but because my skin and hair look so healthy. What more motivation do I need to keep going?

I have never felt better, and if I feel this great after losing nearly 14kgs, I can't wait to see how great I feel when I'm at goal.

1 comment:

Blogger K L said...

Wow! You're doing so well!