4th weigh in today and another 0.8kgs gone forever!!! That now brings my total to 5.2kgs in 4 weeks. And all I can say is thank christ!
I was, for some insane and completely unecessary reason, completely shitting myself over today's weigh in. Had I eaten copious amounts of food whenever I got the chance? No. Had I not exercised? Definitely not as you will see from my last entry! But for some reason I had convinced myself that I was going to either not lose anything, or worse, gain weight this week. So when I stepped on the scales and they wavered from 125.7 to 125.9 (and then stopped at 125.9) I was completely and utterly relieved. But then, for yet another insane and completely unnecessary reason, I thought to myself 'why couldn't the scales have stayed at 125.7kgs?" That would have been 1 whole kilogram lost this week. I felt like shuffling around on the scale and waiting till I got the best result and then standing as still as I possibly could, but my leader had already written my weight as 125.9 so it was too late! Damn her for being so quick and efficient!!
During the meeting I went over and over it in my head. How could it have been less than a kilo? I did sooooo much exercise this week - I thought I was never going to get out from the valley floor on our bushwalk but I huffed and puffed and made it, I went to the gym several times, I only had 2 small glasses of wine all week, I had no chocolate, I had nothing bad at all...but then I thankfully came to my senses and realised how ridiculous I was being. I lost 800g, which is well within the recommended weight loss guidelines for each week. I had lost OVER 5kgs in just 4 weeks. I was fitter than I was 4 weeks ago, healthier than I was 4 weeks ago, looked better than I did 4 weeks ago and more importantly I realised that I was happier than I was 4 weeks ago. I will admit that every so often (ok, a lot!) insecurities about my body and doubts about my ability to actually do this do creep into my head. Thankfully my gorgeous hubby is always there to snap me out of it using whatever means necessary. If that means gently guiding me through it, he does it. If it means telling me not to be such an idiot and to pull my head out of my butt, he does it (I don't like that one as much as the guiding gently btw!).
So I am being taken out for lunch this Saturday for my delectable sushi train experience at the fish markets for being such a good girl these past 2 (and indeed 4) weeks. We're also planning on traipsing the city, maybe heading to the Rocks markets (all on foot of course!) so it should be a good day. A nice reward for the last month of damn hard work and an incentive to keep going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
800g? That's great! That's an awesome loss! Don't feel discouraged - visualise it melting off a particular part of your body - for me, I think of it as coming straight off the top of my arms, or disappearing from my butt. Or, my favourite, sliced off my muffin top!
Hope fishmarkets is awesome!
Post a Comment