26 March 2008

Back down to earth...

But without as big as a thud as I expected. Had my weigh in today, and despite the wine, blue cheese and tiny bit of chocolate, I lost 1.4kgs! I honestly couldn't believe the scales, I had to ask my leader to keep checking them cause I was convinced I wouldn't lose anything, let alone that much!

It just goes to show that with WW, you really can continue to live your life. I had decided that seeing as I was going away for our wedding anniversary, I wasn't going to count my points religiously. I decided that I was going to eat well the majority of the time, but still allow myself to have whatever I wanted to drink, and indulge in a little bit of blue cheese (2 of the great pleasures in life if you ask me!!) and deal with any consequences later. I was pretty sure I had done everything I could to avoid gaining much weight, and figured that I could maintain, so to come back and lose 1.4kgs was way more than I could have imagined. I walked about an hour each day, I even canoed around the island once (after convincing myself that there was no way I could make it, I just kept going and going until I was back at the wharf I'd left from!), so I guess I managed to offset any over indulgences by exercise. Apart from the blue cheese and tiny bit of chocolate, everything else that I ate was simple, fresh and yummy produce. Lots of fresh grilled seafood, salads, fruit....considering the general store on the island was closed the whole weekend, we had no choice but to make do with what we had and that suited me just fine!

I have a farewell dinner for someone at work this Friday, but seeing as it fell to me to organise, I decided on teppanyaki as I figured that would be one of the healthiest choices I could make. Who cares about what everyone else wants, it's all about ME!! Then off to the easter show on Saturday. For some people, that might be a real test, but as I don't really like most of the food they sell at the show anyway, I should be fine. And considering how far we'll be walking (I get to the show as soon as it opens and don't leave until after the fireworks!), even if I did decide to have say....a krispy kreme donut (I haven't thought about this at all.... LOL!), I'm sure I'd walk it off anyway.

So here's to another good week and 10kg loss, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Jogirl said...

Well done you, Congratulations on the loss and the wedding anniversary..