01 April 2008

Not feeling so confident...

I have weigh in tomorrow. And I'm dreading it. Not that I have been THAT bad this week, it's just that I haven't been THAT good and this is my first week since I started WW that I haven't been almost angelic! First let me explain what I have done. Thursday night I took my hubby out to dinner as he had been really busy and stressed at work so we decided to try this new chinese seafood restaurant out. We ordered steamed prawn dumplings and dim sims for entree (4 each all up) and then I ordered stir fried coral trout with ginger and snow peas and some steamed rice on the side. With one glass of wine. Not bad some of you may say, but I probably ate over my points that day.

Friday we had a farewell dinner for someone at work. Teppanyaki. Grilled chicken, prawns, beef with fried rice (I did see him make the rice and he hardly used any oil). Didn't overeat (in fact stopped when I was full...ok, I was a little more than full, but I didn't keep eating!) but I may have overdrunk (if that's not a word, it is now!). I bought one bottle of wine and shared that with a friend. If I'd have stopped there, I think I would have been ok. But he went and bought another bottle. I only had 2 small glasses from it, but then we moved on to a nearby pub and I had another few drinks. Vodka, lime and soda, so at least I still had the presence of mind to keep it as low in points as possible! But it was still way more than I should have drunk. I did squeeze in a gym visit before dinner so I'm hoping I was able to counteract it.

Saturday we went to the easter show. Poached eggs, tomato and spinach for breakfast. Well done me! A few nibblies in the food hall, but only a couple of roasted nuts, some dried fruit and a bit of watermelon. Very nice! Lunch was steak, salad and chips. I only ate about 8 chips so I think that was pretty successful. But those krispy kreme donuts I mentioned in my last post? Well, I had 2. One original and one lemon. 8 1/2 points right there thank you very much! I did wear my pedometer and I ended up with 23,000 points, and I drank heaps of water, and it COULD have been a lot worse, but I'm just not sure I've done enough to counteract it all this week. What if my body wonders what the hell I'm doing to it after being so healthy over the last 6 weeks and grabs hold of any fat it's given and holds on for dear life? I went to the gym on Sunday and worked out harder than I have this entire time, but I was off work sick yesterday and therefore didn't get to the gym. I'm going tonight, but that still means that I've only gone to the gym 3 times all week. At this point I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I can at worst, maintain my weight this week. I'm completely back on track with my food now so hopefully I'm able to undo some of the crap I did to my body over the last few days.

I'm sure some people out there are probably looking at what I ate and think it's healthy, and the truth is that most of it (we won't mention the donuts...) is, and always has been. Mostly, I've never been one to really binge on chocolate, or chips or anything like that apart from when I was first dating my now hubby. I've always loved fruit and veg, I love to cook with good produce. My problem has always been that I just like good food too damn much, even the healthy kind and eat too much of it. I'm glad I didn't binge on chocolate, chips, or lollies, and I know that it could have been a lot worse, but I'm still annoyed with myself that I went back to my old ways of just eating and eating and not knowing when to stop. So here's hoping things go ok tomorrow, I don't think I'm ready for another gain!

1 comment:

Jogirl said...

Hey there, it is never as bad as you imagine it in your head! If you dont lose, dont get disheartened. Worrying about it is about as useful as chewing bubblegum, it doesnt get you anywhere, just get back on the horse and keep going! Will check in tomorrow to see how you do.