13 November 2012

Back in the swing of things

Ok, so this is the last week of Round 3 of the 12WBT. And I've finally gotten back into the swing of things. Only took me 6 weeks! Sickness and holiday really took it's toll on me and I have no one to blame but myself. And I'm soooo pissed off with myself about it. But, what's done is done and I can't change it now. What I can change is how I have approached the final week and a half going into Round 4 which I have already signed up for.

Firstly, I have been near on angelic with my diet. Yes, I've had a bit of chocolate, but I had the calories left over that I needed, so I didn't blow my allowance. Secondly, I have been absolutely angelic with my exercise plan! I went to the gym Wednesday night, aforementioned spin Thursday, did a 2 hour walk on Friday (was planning on gymming it but for some reason my usually quiet suburban street was in a traffic jam thanks to some road closures and I couldn't get there!), Saturday we walked to a nearby fair and then to a local play centre (about 2 hours pushing a pram on grass...8kg pram and a 15kg toddler = good workout!) and then Sunday I did the Super Saturday Session. Given that was the first one I've done properly in weeks, man did I feel it!

Week 12 officially kicked off yesterday and I did it in style. Pump class in the morning, followed by the plan Michelle had set out in the evening. Wow. I was feeling it! And as part of my new found determination, I've decided that I will get up Tuesday and Thursday at stupid o'clock to do my toning program at the gym. Whilst I'm not a lover of being up that early, or morning exercise, it's certainly better for my lifestyle than being at the gym 5 weeknights a week. I was even there this morning before they opened!!! I had my clothes set out last night, lunch was made, breakfast was all sorted as I would be getting back a bit later than I would normally start getting ready for work...there were no excuses! And you know what, I feel pretty bloody proud of myself for doing it! But right now....oh the pain!!!! Radox bath needed URGENTLY I would think!!!!!

I am a bridesmaid at my sis in laws wedding in just under 4 weeks and I'd like to think that I can lose 5kg by then. If I can do that, I won't be too far off the slimmest I got down to when I first did weight watchers and I know I looked pretty good then. I don't know if I can sustain this kind of intensity for 12 weeks, so I'm breaking it down. Just do it for 4 weeks, then reassess. Makes it feel a lot more achievable.

So all in all, I'm feeling pretty positive about it all. I know this program works. I didn't give it my all and I still lost 6kg. Who knows what I'm capable of if I actually put my mind, body and soul 100% into it!

No comments: