23 February 2010

D Day looming large

So tomorrow is WI day. And I'm feeling ok about it. Whether I've lost weight or not, I'm not sure, but I know my waist measurement has gone down 3cm in just a week!!! Maybe killing myself at the gym last week was just taking a little while to let me enjoy the fruits of my labour!

I have been exercising really well, but a little less (and differently) than last week. I came up with a theory that I'll exercise like a mad woman 1 week, and go a little less crazy the following, just to give my body a bit of recuperation time. Don't get me wrong, I still killed the calories this week, but I didn't exercise for as long each session which will hopefully make a difference.

I had my appointment with the specialist yesterday and she all but confirmed PCOS. She really allayed my fears though, as she said that I certainly didn't require surgery and that it would not stand in the way of me becoming pregnant. She did say that it might take a little longer, but it also might not, I was just going to have to see what happens really. And if it did prove difficult, there was medication they could give me to make sure I ovulate each month....though it does increase the chances of multiple births which I must admit scared the shit out of me!!! I had a blood test this morning just to check the levels of glucose and testosterone and all the other things that will confirm the diagnosis, and I will see her again next week. If the tests do confirm that, I'll be on medication for the rest of my life basically. But a small price to pay if I don't have to have surgery and I can still get pregnant. The medication will also make it easier for me to lose weight too, and I'm ashamed to say that I'm not upset about that at all!

Taking it easy today as we went and saw AC/DC last night. Didn't get home until after midnight and we have to get up at 6am so not much sleep for us. Combine that with the fact that it was about 35 degrees last night and I must have only had 4 hours sleep. I know there are people who could get by on that for just a day, but I'm a strict at least 8 hours a night kinda gal! My husband said that he would be happy if he was half as fit as Angus is at his age - I said I'd like to be half as fit at my age now!!! The man is incredible. Covered in sweat, it was 40 degrees, under lights and he's running around the stage like a maniac. Some younger 'bands' could learn a thing or 2 from these guys.

So fingers crossed for tomorrow, I shall report back then!

No comments: