11 February 2009

Another week, another weigh in

Today is weigh in day. Scales at home this morning showed a decent loss so I'm just hoping that comes to fruition! I haven't done a lot of exercise this week, so maybe that was the shake up my body needed, who knows? The body certainly works in mysterious ways I have discovered over the last year.

My god, the last year! Tomorrow it will be exactly a year since I joined WW. I had hoped to be at goal by now, probably a little ambitious now that I think about it I guess! But I'm still extremely happy with losing 36kg in a year. I didn't think when I joined up that I would last a year, and I certainly didn't think I could ever lose that much weight, so anything else is a bonus really!

Went down the coast last weekend - the facial and massage I had were fantastic! Went out with hubby and a mate of his that still lives down there on the Saturday afternoon/night. I decided that I was going to eat whatever I wanted to have - that's the first time I've done that in a year and I must say it felt good to know that I could do that, and simply work harder or eat less points on other days to make up for it. I've always thought I was unable to do that, if I had 1 day when I did that, it would turn into 2 or 3 or 4....but it didn't and I'm really proud of myself for that. Knowing that I could have what I wanted, by the time I'd finished dinner, I didn't even feel like dessert so that's gotta be a positive! I had a fair few drinks, but I knew I could just make it fit. It really was a good lesson for me to learn - that I can trust myself and I won't go crazy like I thought I would.

Well, I shall pop back later, hopefully with good news!

###UPDATE###

I lost 200g at weigh in. Not at all unhappy with that considering I couldn't do the same amount of exercise as I usually would. I am now back down to the lightest weight I have been with WW so I'm stoked about that, and am also back down to only having 10kg to go! I refused to update my ticker when I was gaining weight cause I knew that I wouldn't have more than 10kg to lose for long!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the loss Emma - that's fantastic!
Kel xxx