15 April 2008

Blah

Well as you can probably tell, I'm feeling decidedly average today. My stomach has felt bloated for the last few days and I can't bloody well work out why! I've started taking probiotics again as they helped a while ago when I was feeling like this all the time, so I'm hoping they start to kick in soon (please please please?). I have weigh in tomorrow and whilst I'm confident that I SHOULD lose weight considering how I've gone this week, with the feeling I have in my stomach I'm not confident at all. I think my clothes are fitting better (or worse I guess cause my jeans are pretty much past the point of no return now! Look out shops, here I come!!), I think I look slimmer, but I also think it may be in my head. I hate this feeling - I KNOW I'm going well, I KNOW I'm eating well, I KNOW I'm exercising and doing everything I can for my body. Yet I don't know how the scales are going to respond and it shits me to think they may not be kind to me again tomorrow. I guess I just have to wait and see!

The one positive to come out of this is how I've handled it. I haven't at any point thought to myself "stuff it, I can't lose weight so I may as well give up" and that makes me feel proud of myself. I've just kept plugging away at it, just as I did last week when I had that miserable little gain. That has never happened in the past - I would have got to this point, thought I couldn't do anymore and thrown in the towel. The fact that I haven't done that proves to me what I probably knew, or at least should have known, deep down - I CAN and I WILL bloody well do this! Look out exercise bike tonight - you're in for a workout!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Good Luck with weigh in tomorrow. I know how you feel about the scarey scales. I too work hard just every day at the gym and eat well, yet am petrified every Monday night just before I step up.

You're doing so well and I can tell you're not going to give up. So good luck with the numbers tomorrow. Let us know how you go.