I have just realised how difficult it is to find a healthy takeaway. I am feeling really crap and rundown today (have been trying to fight a flu for nearly 3 weeks now) so hubby and I have decided to grab something for dinner so I can just go home, get my pj's on, have some dinner and then snuggle into him for the night! However, there are so few takeaway options out there that are really suitable for someone trying to lose weight. It's to the point where I've ranted and raved to my hubby about opening my own takeaway shop selling nothing but home made healthy food (hey, it sounded like a good idea at the time!). Near our house we have pretty much every fast food chain restaurant. Macca's, KFC, Burger King, Oporto, Domino's.....you name it, it's near our house. We also have a charcoal chicken place, a chinese restaurant, Lone Star, Black Stump....Why has no one tapped into that portion of the market?!?! Surely there are enough people out there who choose to eat healthily but still want to do so when they're eating takeaway? There is a subway, but because it's in the shopping centre it closes when everything else does so we can't get there in time. There is also a new Thai restaurant but because it's new I have no idea what they have so I don't want to risk making that my only option only to discover they have nothing I would eat. Near my work we have a vietnamese place that does great noodle soups, but seeing as I am being completely sooky and just want to grab something and eat it at home, that's out of the running as I don't really fancy trying to transport a soup 20km in a car!
So we've settled on sushi from the place across the road from my work. Now, I LOVE sushi and this place is great, but why does it have to be just about the ONLY healthy takeaway option out there for dinner? Why isn't there somewhere that sells hot food I would want to eat? Obviously with the WW points plan it's designed that no food is off limits. However, I can't justify eating something worth a squillion points when I have to then save points and be hungry on other days or work out like a complete demon in order to make up for it. I'm not at that point in my weight loss journey yet where I feel I can fit those things into my life. I know there will come a point where I'll have whatever it is I feel like and make up for it either before or after, but I'm just not there yet.
In the meantime, if anyone wants to lend me a few hundred thousand bucks, I'll seriously think about opening that healthy takeaway place I had in mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment